Holli At Home

Holli At Home
Holli At Home

Holli's Contact Information

Holli Hawthorne
600 Sue Drive
Antioch, Tn. 37013

Help With Medical Costs

Followers

Photobucket
Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, October 25, 2009

8 Months

Yesterday marked 8 months since Holli's accident. She has come so far since that terrible day. I pray that she will continue to make progress in the coming months. There isn't really anything new since last week. She had a good week and continues to smile and get really tickled at times. Her speech therapist had a duck call that she was wanting Holli to try to blow....Holli could only laugh hard when she heard the noise. I have noticed her reaching up to her face more than before this week. She was able to go outside a couple of times. In fact she had therapy outside one day in the beautiful sunshine.
I went to see my former co-workers and doctors that I worked with this past Monday and that night I started back to jazzercise. It was great seeing everyone at work and in class but it was also very emotional for me. You never know when at any moment everything in your life will change. I pray everyday for continued strength and for Holli's healing. She still needs your prayers.
Diane

2 comments:

Scuba Diva said...

She will continue to make progress, I can promise you. I just came back to reading this blog—I'm Beth, the one who was in a car accident 20-odd years ago in New York—and it makes me so happy to read that she's continuing to make such progress. She's come a tremendous way since that fateful day.

I seriously would like to visit Hollis in Tennessee, and my only misgiving is that I can't drive; I realize not everywhere is as easy to get around as New York!

Most of all, I'm so happy for her having come so far, and that's why I can say I'm confident she'll continue to make progress.

Shell said...

Diane,
I'm glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself and doing things you used to enjoy. Taking care of yourself is extremely important when you are caring for someone else. I'm glad Hollis is continuing to do well. I look forward to the day when she will be back in the Black Rock Desert dancing with her friends on DPW. You, Hollis, and your family are in my thoughts. Please continue to take care of yourself and take the time to do what you enjoy doing. Send my love to Hollis, although she might not remember me as we only met breifly during the DPW season in 2008.
All the best,
Shelley (jedi on DPW)